Workflows can be started a number of different ways: manually, upon item creation or upon item change. One little known setting for starting a workflow is the Conditional start option. This option requires a condition to be met before the workflow runs. If the condition is not met, then the workflow never actually runs.
Follow these steps to configure the Conditional start of a workflow:
- Open the workflow in the Nintex Workflow Designer.
- Click on the Workflow Settings option in the Ribbon menu.
- In the Workflow Options section, click on the drop down menu for the “Start when items are created” or “Start when items are modified” setting in a SharePoint list or the “Start when items are modified” setting in a SharePoint library.
Note: The Conditional Start is not available as an option for the “Start when items are created” menu in a document library.
- Select the Conditional option, and click on the Conditions button.
- Build the desired start conditions query, and click the Save button.
- Click the Save button to save the changes to the Workflow Settings.
Leave a Reply